In this condition time is everything. The fertile days of a woman depends on the life span of the sperm and the egg. The question that is asked by many is when is a woman most likely to get pregnant? The egg of a woman lives only for a day after the ovulation whereas, for sperms it is six days. It is recommended to have intercourse more than once at the time of ovulation so that the chances will increase. By this way, a healthy supply of sperm will wait for the release of the egg.
It also depends on the length of your menstrual cycle. It is recorded that the ovulation in a woman takes place around fourteen days before the next period. Suppose you have a twenty-eight days cycle, so you are likely to ovulate around halfway through the cycle. If you have a thirty-five days cycle, you may ovulate around the day twenty-one and not on the seventeenth day.
How do I know when I’m ovulating?
Many get to know when they ovulate, but others do not. If you are planning on getting pregnant, it is important to keep a track of your cycle for a couple of months. There are some signs that will help you to determine the time of ovulation like:
- The vaginal discharge will increase, and that will be in the egg white type quality.
- There will be a slight rise in the basal temperature of your body. You can check it with the help of a thermometer every morning. After 1 to 2 days or after you ovulate. If you can keep a track of your BBT for some months, you will surely get a good sense of your cycle.
- After doing all this, if you are still having a problem in detecting your exact date of ovulation, it is recommended to take an ovulation predictor test.
Due to the busy schedule and stressful life many women get irregular periods that worried them a lot. The question arises that will it be harder to get pregnant for those who are getting irregular periods? Some get 12 periods in a month while some fewer and others skip months and do not get periods. Some of the causes are heavy exercise, stress and dramatic weight gain or weight loss. It becomes harder to predict the date of the ovulation if the periods are irregular.
It is very vital to keep a track of your menstrual cycles every month. After that just subtract Seventeen from the shortest cycle and on the other side eleven from the longest one. The results that will come are going to be the two days when you are most likely to fertile. It is better to consult with a gynecologist if you have continuously irregular periods. It may be because of ovarian dysfunction, ovarian syndrome, excessive weight loss, thyroid disorder or elevated prolactin level.
How Pregnancy Happens at a Glance?
• When a fertilized egg implants in the uterus, the pregnancy begins.
• Pregnancy can happen in different ways
• If you understand your fertility pattern, it is very helpful in getting pregnant as well as avoiding pregnancy.
Some Other Methods:
Try Cycle Beads:
- They are a cord of beads that you will find in different colors. It will represent the fertile, non-fertile and first day of menstrual cycle. It is a circle of the string that can be moved from one bead to another. This method works only for women with regular periods.
- Once your period begins, just place a ring on the bead, it will represent the first day of your cycle. The color of this bead is usually black.
- Keep moving the ring to the next bead every day. You can try some methods so that you will remember moving the ring.
- You can make use of the beads color to determine the days of fertility after every cycle. To make it easier for you, try to indicate brown beads as non-fertile days and white ones as fertile days.
• Tracking the changes in the cervical fluid is another option. Changes to the look, amount, feel and consistency at the time of the menstrual cycle is very helpful. It depends on the hormones produced in the different phases of the cycle. This method is also known as Billings method.
• You can check the cervical fluid every day by just wiping it from front to back with the help of toilet paper. You can also insert a clean finger into your vagina if it is ok with you. You will find out that there will be days when there will be no fluid. These are typically the days after the periods or the days that follow ovulation.
• You need to note down if the fluid has a color or not. After ovulation, the color of the fluid will be white, yellow or cloudy. As soon as you approach the ovulation, it starts becoming clear.
• Usually, the cervical fluid is tacky or sticky but at the time of fertile days, it becomes stretchy. You may be able to stretch the fluid at the time of fertility.
• If you are feeling wet and the cervical fluid is slippery, it may be a cervical fluid of fertile quality.
• Every day at the time of your cycle, record everything from color to the texture of the fluid. If you are experiencing a larger amount of slippery and stretchy behavior, then it is the day of fertility for you.
Now you know when is a woman most likely to get pregnant? Make sure you visit a gynecologist if you are facing some difficulty due to this issue.